"I am 3/4ths Canadian, and one 4th New Englander - I had ancestors on both sides in the Revolutionary war." - Elizabeth Bishop
____________________________________________

Sunday, February 21, 2010

A bit of housekeeping

Our tech wizard John, who is responsible for the look and smooth running of this blog, is away for a week. In fact, he is ensconced at the Elizabeth Bishop House for a writing retreat. It leaves me to mind the store, which I will endeavour to do as well as I can. Many people have told me that doing a blog is "so easy" -- and I do understand what they mean. However, my ease with computers and the internet is minimal. That I am able to post at all is due to John's patient tutoring. Just before I drove him up to Great Village, he gave me yet another tutorial: how to change "Today in Bishop." I seem to have grasped that simple task, and John has supplied me with all the material I need for the next week. However, I myself am away later today and tomorrow, so there will be a delay in posting the entry for 22 February. In addition, the finer points of format still escape me. Even though John showed me how to attach an html tag to create justified margins, I've lost it somewhere in my notes and my mind's file drawers. So, for the next week, the blog will not be quite so crisp. I will have yet another tutorial when John returns. I am glad there are no tests! I'm working on a "Nova Scotia Connections" post, so stay tuned for that early next week. We are also expecting our initial "First Encounters" guest posts for early March. So, lots to look forward to as we count down to EB100 in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment